Step 1 - Prep your nails
- Push your cuticles back and clean the area very well (this will make it easier to not get any product on your skin)
- Shape your nails however your heart desires (check our nail shape guide)
- Buff your nails gently (follow the natural lines of your nails, buffing will make the product adhere better to your nails)
PRO Tip: Use a buffer and not a rough nail file! The nail file might weaken your nail.
- Wipe the dust off your nails with a nail cleaner for a perfect application of the product
Step 2 - Dehydrate your nails
- Dehydration helps the product to adhere better to your nail and it prevents lifting of the product.
- You can use AVVA Primer, which is acid-free and has organic ingredients.
- Avoid using cuticle removing creams or oils, as they can cause lifting.
Step 3 - Apply AVVA Base
- Always shake, shake, shake that AVVA powder, senora! The particles need to be mixed around so the product activates all its properties and adheres properly to your nail!
- Always apply the AVVA Base to a hairline away from your cuticles. The product shouldn’t touch your cuticles because it will cause lifting and cracking
PRO Tip: If you do get AVVA Base on your cuticles remove it immediately with an orangewood stick so it won’t harden on your skin!!! Leaving it like that provokes cracking of the product.
Step 4 - Dip and tap
- Dip in AVVA powder and be amazed! The color will adhere to your nail and you’ll feel fabulous in minutes!
- Be sure to dip the finger at a 45-degree angle for the best results
Step 5 - Brush off
- Wait 40 seconds for the AVVA Base to dry
- Brush off all the extra powder off your nails.
Step 6 - Dip again for more intensity
- Apply another layer of AVVA Base a hairline away from your cuticles.
- Dip in powder again for a more intense color
- Brush off the powder after 40 seconds
- Repeat the steps if desired
PRO Tip: If you dip 3 times or more your nails will be stronger
Step 7 - Activate & Buff
- Apply plenty of AVVA Activator on all nails, caping all the nails on the edges
- Wait 2 minutes for it to dry (it’s very important to wait so the activator really sets in and assures long-lasting nails)
- After the activator is fully dry, buff rigorously the surface of your nail and file the edges
PRO Tip: Wipe the nails with alcohol thoroughly or wash your hands well after this step. Your nails need to be clean for the shiny AVVA Top!
- Apply a second coat of AVVA Activator on all your nails, making sure you cap the edges. (getting 2 coats of activator will ensure your nails won’t crack)
- Let the Activator dry for 2 minutes
Step 8 - Top it off with some shine
- Apply the shiny AVVA Top with 2 - 3 thin, quick strokes
- Wait at least 1 minute before applying the second coat of Top.
- Let AVVA Top dry for 3 - 5 minutes